Manager, Athletics for Aquatics, Athletics (50010953)
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Purpose: Plan, organize, conduct and evaluate all sports programming for the new campus aquatics facilities in addition to managing both AUC Men and Women Swimming. Including, but not limited to: Providing recreational programs for the AUC community, supervision of set up and game day operations for all swimming, water polo and synchronized swimming events and competitions, shared supervision of all lifeguards and aquatics area workers, coordination of contracts and rental agreements for the swimming pool facilities and working in conjunction with the facilities staff to ensure the facility is operated in a safe manner.
- Under the direction of the Director of Athletics and Associate Director of Athletics, assist with the development, monitoring and evaluation of the staff and programs for the new campus swimming pool facility, including oversight of the outside contracts, tournaments, meets and events
- Provide training for the lifeguard staff as required and ensure proper certifications are in force
- Propose program budget as required and adhere to all purchasing and human resources policies and procedures
- Implement and continually update and enforce emergency action plans and facility policies
- In conjunction with the Director of Athletics, develop, monitor and assess policies related to use of the swimming pool
- With other staff, oversee the efficient operation of the sports complex. Coordinate and monitor the work of assistant athletic coordinators and other Office of Athletics staff to ensure the safe operation of the facility
- Oversee skill and fitness training of lifeguards and lifeguard coordinator
- Work with all rental groups, camps, lesson programs and all other users of the facilities to ensure university regulations are met, bills paid, etc. Coordination such use with all other university departments as required
- Schedule and oversee routine cleaning of the swimming pool, locker rooms and other aquatic areas and equipment
- Maintain timing system and scoreboard equipment
- Serve on the Athletics Department Senior Staff and help make decisions to guide the athletics department
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor's degree in related fields is required.
- Minimum 10 Years of previous experience in related field including five years in aquatic sports programming and/or coaching
- Prefers previous supervisory roles in athletic programs and/or recognized sport certifications
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use Microsoft office software
- Working effectively as part of a team
Position is open until September 11, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50010953 - Manager, Athletics for Aquatics, Athletics “in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”