Assistant Director of Stewardship – Office of Advancement and Communications (50017326)
Reports to: Director of Donor Relations
Purpose: The assistant director of stewardship manages the creation of donor stewardship materials to ensure the timely acknowledgment of gifts and continuous stewardship of University donors. This position is directly responsible for producing select annual reports (endowment, impact, AUC Fund), presidential correspondence, personalized stewardship materials and donor-wide communications, and oversees the production and timely delivery of annual donor stewardship reports.
- Liaise the Office of the President and other AC units as the principal writer for President’s correspondence with donors and alumni.
- Draft and manage presidential gift acknowledgement letters to ensure the timely acknowledgement of major gifts.
- Draft and manage personalized presidential letters to donors and alumni, including but not limited to congratulations letters, condolences and fund updates.
- Draft and manage communications for presidential trips and events, including but not limited to invitation letters and follow-up letters after trips and events.
- Draft presidential talking points for AC events.
- Produce select reports for University donors
- Produce five to eight impact reports annually for top donors.
- Produce annual AUC Fund report and endowment report.
- Create customized stewardship pieces for particular donors, including but not limited to post cards, birthday cards, customized letters and first time gift card.
- Manage mass stewardship communications to University donors.
- Produce monthly messages to top donors from deans, University president, provost and vice presidents.
- Maintain up-to-date pages of AUC’s Giving website (Giving Opportunities, Ways to Give, Funds Listing, Types of Gifts).
- Draft scripts for stewardship videos.
- Develop content and liaise with communications office to create Gifts at Work donor newsletter.
- Manage development of Cairo-based proposals including but not limited to proposals for scholarships, fellowships, professorships and other University programs.
- Oversee the production and timely delivery of annual stewardship reports.
- Proofread and edit all stewardship materials.
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree in relevant field.
Experience: At least four years of relevant experience.
- Native English writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Strong ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
Position is open until they are filled
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50017326 Assistant Director of Stewardship” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."