Senior Developer, System Integration - University Information Systems (10001729)
Reports to: Director, UIS
Purpose: The Senior Systems Integrator is responsible for analysis, design, development, and implementation of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) applications. His/her scope is the integration of main AUC internal systems such as ERP system, Student Information System, Learning Management System, Enterprise Content Management and access control systems. The job holder plans, coordinates and manages the assimilation of new software applications and programs with existing ERPs. Determines systemic needs, recommending changes, implementing new software solutions and instructing users about the interface.
- Assure business and technical architecture aligns with the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on user needs and thorough understanding of business problems with varying levels of complexity
- Advise on architectural strategies and best practice approaches
- Develop and support solutions and enable Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Cloud Technologies
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results
- Research new software packages and make system upgrade recommendations based on the organization's strategic goals, with the objective to ensure all systems are generating the greatest productivity at the lowest cost
- Develop APIs and use ESB to connect different applications together
- Collaborate with other tech-savvy team members in testing new applications to ensure functional requirements are met
- Design, develop and implement solutions for online real time seamless integration between the AUC ERP system, student information system, fundraising system, data warehouse and many other systems used by the AUC community
- Develop documentation for all developed programs
- Integrate core business systems and Cloud-based systems
- Provide regular updates of project progress and outstanding issues
- Participate in the design and planning of projects in conjunction with other peers and users.
- Use the MS team foundation to report and log projects’ sprints and implementation timeline
- Coordinate with other technical system owners for integration and implementation of solutions
- Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments, when appropriate, to provide insights from different perspectives (management/ Technical architecture/ design/ integration/development)
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Collaborate in an agile environment to drive towards process improvements
- Identify risks/issues in a timely manner and appropriately mitigate/escalate
Minimum education requirement: BSc/ BA Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or equivalent.
Experience: Min of Six years of experience including 4 years in the same field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of Biztalk is a plus
- Capable of quickly learning and applying new technologies and software
- Working knowledge of enterprise service bus on different platforms
- Programming skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Have the ability to work and contribute in team projects
- Be able to conduct organized research in a chosen domain
- Experience working both independently and collaboratively to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
Position is open until September 14, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10001729 Senior Developer, System Integration” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”