Deputy Chief of Party – University Centers for Career Development (UCCD) project, Career Center (Grant Position) (50030463)
Reports to: Chief of Party – UCCD
Purpose: The University Centers for Career Development (UCCD) project, funded by USAID Egypt, is implemented by AUC’s Career Center in collaboration with corporate and training partners to establish 20 Career Development Centers in 12 Egyptian public universities with the goal of providing career guidance and employability skills to public university students in preparation for the world of work.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) provides leadership, management and direction - in collaboration with the Chief of Party (CoP) - for the project implementation of ten UCCDs in various universities/governorates in accordance with project goals and in line with the USAID and AUC policies and regulations. S/he will oversee the performance of four project managers responsible for over 68 UCCD personnel implementing relevant activities conducted at the six universities and 10 UCCDs offering services to approximately 500,000 Egyptian youth. Oversee a budget implementation of approximately $8M; the position reports to Chief of Party (CoP).
- Successful implementation and sustainability of university career centers in Egypt to provide career counseling and employment services to students
- Implement in collaboration with ILO systems for analyzing labor market trends for students, university management, and the private sector
- Work closely with the CoP in implementing the project strategy towards achieving the desired project outcomes
- Provide guidance and direction and monitor performance of 4 project managers and support their professional development
- Ensure the hiring of 68 UCCD personnel in 10 centers across various governorates serving over 500,000 Egyptian youth within 6 Egyptian public universities
- Oversee the effective implementation of program activities at 10 UCCDs, ensuring the provision of career guidance services and employability skills training to students, with focus on gender equality and access to students with disabilities
- Ensure regular collection and submission of data required for the monitoring and evaluation process; in addition to ensuring that program expenditure is in alignment with project budget and in compliance with USAID and AUC rules and regulations
- Liaise with the relevant universities administration as necessary in cooperation with relevant project managers to ensure their alignment on the program objectives, ensure UCCDs legal status and sustainability within each university
- Ensure that USAID rules and regulations are being implemented within designated UCCDs
- Collaborate with partners as necessary in the implementation of the required program functions and ensure that UCCD staff capacity building is carried out according to plan and handle any obstacles that may arise during the process
- Carry out additional project duties as assigned by the CoP
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources, Business administration, Economics with specialization in development or equivalent; a Master’s degree in Education, Public Policy, International Development or management is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with donor-funded development projects, preferably including experience in capacity building programs within the education field.
- Prior experience in areas of education, development or corporate social responsibility preferred
- Good understanding of the concepts of career guidance and labor market trends
- Capacity to work with project partners and build productive working relationships with various constituents
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and assume project leadership and responsibility
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Team player with good problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Based in Cairo, Egypt but will be required to travel to project locations as needed.
Position is open until August 10, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50030463 Deputy Chief of Party” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.