Assistant Technician, Architecture Department, School of Science and Engineering (50016452)
Reports to: Technical Operations Manager & Department Chair
Purpose: The technician is expected to maintain the equipment of the department labs. Duties include preparation of testing samples and help in the up-keep and organization of both labs. The technician should have a good command with electro-mechanical lab work and maintenance needs. He should demonstrate an ability to respond positively to the needs of the equipment used in conventional experimental work. He is responsible for assisting in preparing labs, lab equipment and materials and making repair jobs.
- Conduct experiments according to the assigned standards in the labs
- Responsible for soundness of labs facilities and equipment
- Operate labs equipment
- Perform regular maintenance and repair for equipment and machines
- Supervise and follow up work by others for maintenance and repair of equipment and machines
- Responsible for the safekeeping of the inventory and materials
- Keep working log for the labs equipment
- Responsible for labs order and cleanness
- Abide with work safety measures and university policy on ethical conduct and Academic Integrity
- Ensure efficient use of labs facilities and minimal waste of materials
- Efficiently respond to frequent interruptions, calls and inquiries, and occasional emergency or crisis situations
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate verbally
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum education requirement: Intermediate Diploma.
Experience: Three to Five years of relevant experience.
- Basic oral English language proficiency
- Technical proficiency
- A good working knowledge of basic computer applications is preferred
- Honest and trustworthy
- Work in variable work hours, including evenings and weekends as instructed by the Technical Operations Manager.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Regularly lift or move up to 12 Kg. and occasionally lift or move up to 25 Kg/pounds
- Duties require close, distance, color and peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to focus.
Position is open until August 27, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50016452 Assistant Technician” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”