AUC has a state-of-the-art sports center with facilities for everything from karate to basketball to yoga. AUC also has 22 athletic programs and sports teams that compete against other universities throughout Egypt and the region.
AUC's Office of Athletics offers quality athletic activities and learning opportunities to all students. Its programs promote a healthy lifestyle, discipline, teamwork and leadership development, as well as high standards of ethical conduct and sportsmanship. The sports program emphasizes health and enjoyment through recreation, fitness, competitions and sound physical habits.
Office of Athletics
Room 1006, first floor of the sports center
AUC New Cairo
Sports for All
- We serve the entire AUC community, mainly the students, faculty and staff.
- Sports equipment is available for every kind of sport for checkout free of charge at the control desk near the locker rooms.
- The athletics office provides aerobics classes for everyone (nine different types of classes plus fitness and healthy lifestyle).
- We supervise the gym and provide special programs focusing on weight loss, body building, fitness, endurance and fitness therapy for injuries, which are accessible to students, staff and faculty members.
- We organize activities for students and staff including mini-marathons, the chest press competition, the rowing machine competition and the transformation challenge program. We also host a physical fitness tests for all students to test their fitness progress. These tests take place twice each semester, and the three highest scoring students are honored in the annual awards ceremony.
- We arrange student tournaments and competitions between teams or schools.
- We organize and manage sports days for University departments (Student Union, the Office of Human Resources, alumni sports day, the School of Business, the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, the Career Center, the Security Office, and the Office of Facilities and Operations).
- We organize and manage staff soccer tournaments for all University departments.
We host and organize events, sports days and tournaments for the Egyptian Universities Sports Federation (local and international) and for organizations including the Special Olympics and Hospital 57357.
Sessions and Schools for Beginners
We deal with specialized centers and academies for scuba diving, swimming and tennis to put together special programs for members of the AUC community at special low rates.
• Billiards hall
• Large gymnasium for basketball, volleyball and handball
• Martial arts room
• Squash courts
• Table tennis
• Three main gyms
• Weight training and aerobics room
• Two women-only gyms Off-campus facilities (outside AUC New Cairo)
• 400-meter track
• 50-meter pool
• Six tennis courts
• Two outdoor basketball/football courts
• Two volleyball courts
• Handball court
• Two grass fields
AUC Tahrir Square
• One gym in the Falaki Academic Center
Affordable membership allows all members of the AUC community, and their families, to access to all of the sports center's facilities. Membership also allows you to partake in fitness classes and rent equipment. Lockers and towel cards are also available for a small fee.
- Membership for full-time AUC students is covered by student fees
- Full and part-time faculty, senior administration, managerial and staff A may purchase individual, or family memberships which includes spouses and children under 18
- Staff B has access to the facilities free of charge on Fridays and Saturdays
- Alumni may also purchase individual memberships. Fees are LE 600 for a semester and LE 1,200 per year and can be paid at the alumni office, located in the Administration Building, room P008 at AUC New Cairo.
In order to provide quality sports services to both the AUC community and outsiders, AUC provides spaces for three sports academies, working as outsourcing entities that are open to the AUC community and external citizens that provide teaching opportunities for beginners for affordable rates.
Winners Tennis Academy - The academy is accepting trainees starting from 4-years-old. For more information regarding the rates and schedule, call 011.2231.8855.
Double Dots - Squash Academy - For more information regarding the rates and schedule call 012.7282.2911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitness Academy: The new fitness academy includes personal training, nutrition, body building programs and self-defense one-on-one sessions. For more information, send email at email@example.com
AUC competitive teams compete on a national level every year in tournaments sponsored by the National Sports Federation for Universities. The athletics office also organizes trips for teams to compete with other universities in Egypt and abroad, as well as sport days with colleges, clubs and other institutions in Egypt and abroad.
Basketball - Men and Women
Volleyball - Men and Women
Handball - Men and Women
Football - Men
5A Side - Men and Women
Rugby - Men and Women
Rowing - Men and Women
Water Polo - Men
Swimming - Men and Women
Diving - Men and Women
Tennis - Men and Women
Table Tennis - Men and Women
Squash - Men and Women
Badminton - Men and Women
Speedball - Men and Women
Boxing - Men and Women
Fencing - Men and Women
Judo - Men and Women
Karate - Men and Women
Taekwondo - Men and Women
Track and Field - Men and Women
Wrestling - Men
Body Building - Men
Gymnastic - Men and Women
Scuba Diving - Men and Women
Horseback Riding - Men and Women
Kick Boxing - Men and Women
Kung fu - Men and Women
Frisbee - Men and Women
Aerobics Classes - Men and Women (Toning, ABS, Pilates, Yoga, Spinning, Cardio Kickboxing, Zumba Fitness, Zumba Party, Cardiolicious, Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle)