Work Study Program
The Office of Student Financial Affairs, in collaboration with the Career Advising and Placement Services Office, provide you with the opportunity to gain on-campus work experience and develop skills while earning some money through the work study (WS) program.
The WS gives students the opportunity to work in various departments on campus during the academic year and contribute to AUC’s academic and administrative departments’ projects and programs.
It allows students to contribute towards their education expenses, make use of their free time, gain experience, helps them develop transferable skills, boost their resumes and earn money.
However, the type of work the student is required to accomplish may differ from one department to another according to the duties performed by each department.
Student participants should be willing to dedicate eight to 10 working hours per week with a maximum of 120 hours during regular semester, 60 hours during the summer session and 30 hours during the winter session.
The student is compensated at the end of the semester.
• Undergraduate, enrolled full-time students with a grade point average of not less than 2.00.
• All enrolled graduate students.
• Egyptian as well as non-Egyptian students are eligible to join the work-study program.
• The undergraduate student is paid an hourly rate of LE 15.00
• The graduate student is proportionally compensated at the rate of 15 percent (maximum) deduction in tuition fees for: one academic course per 40 working hours, two academic courses per 80 working hours, or three academic courses per 120 working hours.
• The compensation will be either credited to the students’ account or given to him/her in cash upon his/her request.
• Students should prepare their resumes and upload them to CareerWeb. For assistance on preparing a winning resume, please refer to:
• Research and apply to available Work Study opportunities at CareerWeb under the jobs/Internships section at : http://careerweb.caps.aucegypt.edu .Once selected, complete and submit the Work Study Commitment Form at :
http://forms.caps.aucegypt.edu/workstudy/newindex.jsp. The form has to be printed, signed and stamped from your work study department.
• Undergraduate students need to submit the form to Mostafa Takroury at the Office of Student Financial Affairs (OSFA) - Room 2012, Dr. Hamza AlKholi Information Center - before the deadline.
• Graduate students need to secure the signature of the Dean of Graduate Studies on the Commitment Form ( Room P029-Campus Center/Conference Zone) and submit it to Mostafa Takroury at the OSFA (Room 2012 | Dr. Hamza AlKholi Information Center) before the deadline.
N.B. If the form is not submitted to OSFA, students will not be reimbursed at the end of the work-study duration. Upon completion of the program, complete the Work Study Evaluation Form on CareerWeb.
• Ensure that your supervisor completes the department work study evaluation form before the relevant deadline below:
o Fall Semester: December 13, 2012
o Winter Session: January 23, 2013
o Spring Semester: May 19, 2013
o Summer Semester: July 18, 2013