Work Study Program
The Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships, in collaboration with Career Services, provides students with the opportunity to gain on-campus work experience and develop skills while earning some money through the work-study program.
The work-study program gives students the opportunity to work in various departments on campus during the academic year and contribute to projects and programs within AUC’s academic and administrative departments.
It allows students to contribute toward their educational expenses, make use of their free time, gain experience, develop transferable skills, boost their resumes and earn extra money.
The type of work a student is required to accomplish may differ from one department to another, according to the duties performed by each department.
Students participating in the program should be willing to dedicate eight to 10 working hours per week with a maximum of 120 hours during the regular semester, 60 hours during the summer session and 30 hours during the winter session.
The student is compensated at the end of each semester.
Work-Study Program for 2013 - 2014
• Undergraduate, enrolled, full-time students with a grade point average of not less than 2.0
• All enrolled graduate students
• Both Egyptian and non-Egyptian students
• Undergraduate students are paid an hourly rate of LE 30.
• Graduate students are proportionally compensated at the rate of 15 percent (maximum) deduction in tuition fees for one academic course per 40 working hours, two academic courses per 80 working hours or three academic courses per 120 working hours.
• Compensation will be either credited to the student's account or given to him or her in cash upon request.
• Students should prepare their resumes and upload them to CareerWeb. For assistance on preparing a resume, please refer to www.caps.aucegypt.edu/services/resume/resume_writing.html
• Research and apply to available work-study opportunities at CareerWeb under the Jobs/Internships section at http://careerweb.caps.aucegypt.edu
.Once selected, complete and submit the Work-Study Commitment Form at http://forms.caps.aucegypt.edu/workstudy/newindex.jsp
. The form must be printed, signed and stamped from your work-study department.
• Undergraduate students should submit the form to Mostafa Takroury at the Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships (OSFAS), room 2012, Dr. Hamza AlKholi Information Center, before the deadline.
• Graduate students should secure the signature of the dean of graduate studies (Campus Center, room P029
) on the form and submit it to Mostafa Takroury at OSFAS before the deadline.
N.B. If the form is not submitted to OSFAS, students will not be reimbursed at the end of the work-study duration. Upon completion of the program, complete the Work-Study Evaluation Form on CareerWeb.
• Ensure that your supervisor completes the department work study evaluation form before the deadline below:
o Fall Semester: December 12
o Winter Session: January 23
o Spring Semester: May 18
o Summer Semester: July 17