The following advice can help keep you safe and secure:
· Anyone planning to travel to areas in Egypt outside Cairo should cancel their travel.
· When you travel inside Cairo, limit all movements to the most essential only, and plan alternative routes avoiding large gatherings.
· Avoid all rallies because of a credible risk of localized unrest.
· Exercise caution when passing by government buildings, police stations and military barracks.
· Treat members of the security forces you encounter with patience and respect, and follow all instructions promptly. Carry photographic identification and a mobile phone.
· As a reminder, please ensure that you have an adequate supply of food in your home in the event that services are interrupted.
· Keep updated on the situation by following media reports.
· If you have not registered with the AUC Emergency Communication system yet, please do by visiting http://myinfo.aucegypt.edu/
AUC will continue to provide you with regular reliable information through e-mail, SMS and on this page.