Network Support Engineer- UTI
The job holder of this position will be providing technical network support to users in the areas of Internet services, network operation, wireless, local and remote user support, basic systems security, video conferencing and streaming operations. Will assist in the operation and troubleshooting of AUC campus-wide network, including all the remote sites.
• Helps in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of the networking equipment, including switches and wireless devices.
• Troubleshoots and solves network problems to all connected users, local and remote.
• Helps in the operations of the campus-wide network and resolving network and communications faults.
• Acts as network user support, and assists the senior staff in handling higher level network problems.
• Participates in the general schedules for any system and/or networking activities.
Education: B.Sc. degree in Engineering ,Computer Science or equivalent.
• Familiarity with networking and communications equipment configurations and operations
• Familiarity with wireless network operation and configuration
• Basic knowledge of network switching and routing
• Familiarity with Windows operating systems, TCP/IP
• Knowledge of PC and networking hardware and software
• Familiarity with Internet utilities and security
• Excellent communication skills
• Good command of English language
• Ability to work under pressure, on shifts, overtime and on week-ends
Announcement is open till September 30, 2009 till position is filled.
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills
Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
If interested, please apply to the Human Resources Service Center with an updated and detailed Curriculum Vita by e-mail to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject.
Magda Abdel Fattah,
Human Resources Director for Operations