Tamer Shoeib obtained his chemistry BSc with honors from York University (Toronto, Canada) in 1997. As a graduate student, he studied metal complexes of amino acids and peptides using mass spectrometry and computational chemistry techniques. In the course of his graduate studies he led fruitful collaboration with Professor William’s group at University of Bath (Bath, UK) which resulted in the development of novel quantum mechanical-molecular mechanical methods to model metal-containing peptides in solution. Dr. Shoeib obtaining his PhD from York University in 2002 and in 2004 was awarded a prestigious Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada post-doctoral fellowship to join the National Research Council of Canada at the Institute for National Measurement Standards.
Ph.D., 2002, York University, Toronto, Canada.
B.Sc., 1997, York University, Toronto, Canada.
- An ICP-MS, ESI-MS and molecular modelling investigation of homogeneous gallium affinity tagging (HMAT) of phosphopeptides. C. L. Camp, E. M. Moustafa, H. J. Reid, B. L. Sharp, T. Shoeib*, Int. J. Mass Spectrom., 2013, 341-342, 18-28.
- Dissociations of Complexes Between Monovalent Metal Ions and Aromatic Amino Acid or Histidine. T. Shoeib, J. Zhao, H. El Aribi, A. C. Hopkinson, K.W.M. Siu, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 2013, 24, 38-48.
- Monomeric cisplatin complexes with glutathione: Coordination modes and binding affinities. T. Shoeib* and B. L. Sharp, Inorg. Chim. Acta., 2013, 405, 258-264
- Oxaliplatin Complexes with Carnosine and its Derivatives: In Vitro Cytotoxicity, Mass Spectrometric and Computational Studies with a focus on Complex Fragmentation. E. M. Moustafa, C. L. Camp, A. S. Youssef, A. Amleh, H. J. Reid, B. L. Sharp, T. Shoeib*, Metallomics, 2013, 5, 1537-1546. (issue cover)
- Carnosine Complexes and Binding Energies to some Biologically Relevant Metals and Platinum Containing Anticancer Drugs. E. M. Moustafa, M. Korany, N. A. Mohamed, T. Shoeib*, Inorg. Chim. Acta., 2014, 421, 123-135.
- Levels of ploybrominated diphenyl ether and novel flame retardants in microenvironment dust from Egypt: An assessment of human exposure. Y. Hassan and T. Shoeib*, Sci. Total Environ., 2015, 505, 47-55.
- Fragmentation Pathways Analysis for the Gas Phase Dissociation of Protonated Carnosine-Oxaliplatin Complexes. I. Ritacco, E. M. Moustafa, E. Scicilia, N. Russo, T. Shoeib*, Dalton Trans., 2015, 44, 4455-4467. (issue cover)
- Collisionally-Induced Dissociation Products of the Protonated Dipeptide Carnosine: Structural elucidation, Fragmentation Pathways and Potential energy surface analysis. E. M. Moustafa, I. Ritacco, E. Scicilia, N. Russo, T. Shoeib*, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2015, 17, 12673-12682.
- Mass spectrometric and computational investigation of the protonated carnosine-carboplatin complex fragmentation. I. Ritacco, E. Sicilia*, T. Shoeib*, M. Korany, N. Russo, Inorg. Chem., 2015, 54, 7885-7897.
- Poly- and perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) in indoor dust and food packaging materials in Egypt: Trends in developed and developing countries. T. Shoeib*, Y. Hassan, C. Rauert, T. Harner, Chemosphere, 2016, 144, 1573-1581.
- Aroma-loaded microcapsules with antibacterial activity for eco-friendly textile application: synthesis, characterization, release and green grafting. A. Sharkawy, I.P. Fernandes, M. F. Barreiro, A. E. Rodrigues*, T. Shoeib*, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2017, 56, 5516-5526.
- Hydrolysis in acidic environment and degradation of satraplatin: a joint experimental and theoretical investigation. I. Ritacco, M. Al Assy, M. K. Abd El-Rahman, S. A. Fahmy, N. Russo, T. Shoeib*, E. Sicilia*, Inorg. Chem., 2017, 56, 6013-6026.
My research interests lie in the areas of analytical chemistry, biophysical chemistry and molecular structure. I have a keen interest in examining the structure, reactivity, and function of metal-containing bio-molecules, the complexes formed by these interactions and their uses in medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry.
Analytical and instrumental chemistry
Chemistry, art and archeology
Functional foods and nutraceuticals