Requirements for Applicants With GCE, GCSE or IGCSE Certificates
AUC Admissions Requirements for Fall 2015
Having the minimum academic requirements does not grant you a place, but rather ensures entry to the selection process. The minimum cut-off scores for each certificate may change from one year to another according to the AUC strategy.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in an international system and satisfied the main requirements of AUC admission may be admitted for Fall 2014 provided that they completed eight IGCSE / GCSE / GCE subjects.
- Applicants who have completed six years after ibtedaya or three years after idadiya.
- If an applicant shifted to an international system after ibtedaya or idadiya, rule number two should also be satisfied.
General Requirements for Applicants with GCE, GCSE or IGCSE Certificates
- AUC requires eight GCE, GCSE, or IGCSE subjects for admission consideration. However, applicants must submit all certificates, as well as their candidate number, to ensure that the University calculates eligibility using the highest eight scores.
- Preference is given to students who have completed advanced or advanced supplementary level subjects and have excellent grades.
- AUC accepts a minimum grade of C to satisfy the eight subject requirement at the ordinary or advanced supplementary level, and a minimum grade of D at the Advanced Level.
AUC considers the highest grade in subjects completed more than once.
AUC counts the higher grade in the same subjects completed at both advanced and advanced supplementary levels.
Applicants who have completed advanced level subjects with a minimum grade of B may be granted transfer credits.
Applicants must complete a minimum of 12 years of schooling.
Requirements for engineering (architectural, computer, construction, electronics, mechanical or petroleum engineering): Four O-level science courses (math, physics, chemistry and a fourth science or information technology course), plus EITHER two science courses at the AS-level (math and physics or chemistry) OR an advanced-level math course. A minimum grade of B is accepted in two courses, provided that not more than one B is earned in math courses. Ranking of those who qualify is determined according to the IGCSE score.
First language Arabic subjects only may be accepted among the eight required subjects.
The University grants transfer credits for A-level subjects with grades of A or B. The University does not grant transfer credit for subjects completed at the AS, AO or O-levels. For transfer credit details, click here.