Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowships
The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund was established in 1987. Since 1993, AUC has been one of 69 universities worldwide to provide these fellowships to promising graduate students in the following programs in their home institutions or abroad:
Assistant Professor of History
- Arabic and Islamic Civilizations (specialization in Arabic Language and Literature, Middle Eastern History, Islamic Art and Architecture and Islamic Studies)
- Economics, Economics in International Development
- English and Comparative Literature
- Gender and Women's Studies
- Global Affairs
- International Human Rights Law
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Middle East Studies
- Migration and Refugee Studies
- Political Science
- Sociology and Anthropology
- International and Comparative Education
SYLFF Alumni Teaching at AUC
Elbendary, Amina, assistant professor of Arab and Islamic civilizations
Ghazaleh, Marie Pascale, assistant professor of history
Abdelnasser, Tahya, assistant professor of English and and comparative literature
- Full admission into one of AUC’s M.A. programs in the humanities and social sciences.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Actively participated in extra curricular activities.
- Both new and continuing graduate students may apply but preference is given to those who require four semesters to complete their degree.
- Two years of full-time graduate study.
The fellowship covers:
- A waiver of tuition fees (nine credits per semester or as required by the program).
- Student services and activities fee.
- Medical service and health insurance fees (for international students).
- Fellows are expected to participate in various activities, including the annual Sasakawa Symposium and SYLFF Research Abroad http://www.sylff.org/fellows/
Download the graduate application form.
Complete the online fellowship application.
Applicants should submit all documents, including recommendation letters as attachment to the online fellowship application by February 1.
Selection of fellowship recipients will be determined by the AUC Sylff Steering Committee and announced in April.
The fellowship starts in September.
For inquiries, contact us at email@example.com
For more information about the SYLFF program, click here.