English Language Fellowships
English Language Fellowships are offered to admitted graduate students of the TAFL (Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language) program who need to enroll in remedial English language classes in order to satisfy the English language graduate admission requirement at AUC. Students may enroll in the English Language Institute’s (ELI) full-time intensive program in the fall, spring or summer semesters or in one or more academic English for graduate modules.
- Admission to the TAFL (Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language) that requires English language proficiency to satisfy degree requirement.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- One semester or one summer session subject to renewable once upon review and satisfactory completion of the intermediate or advanced ELI level course.
- Full tuition coverage for up to three academic English modules for graduates.
- A waiver of 50 percent of the tuition for the ELI intensive English for fall, spring or summer semesters, or full tuition coverage for up to three modules
- The award is not applicable to repeated courses.
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned five hours per week of related academic or administrative work.
- Applications should be submitted by July 1 for the fall semester, December 15 for the spring semester and May 1 for the ELI Intensive Summer Program.
- Selection of recipients is made about one month after each of the deadlines.
- Applicants for the ELI intensive program must submit the fellowship application on line.
- For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org