Al Alfi Foundation Biotechnology Fellowship Program
The Al Alfi Biotechnology Fellowship Program is jointly offered by Al Alfi Foundation and The American University in Cairo (AUC) represented by its School of Science and Engineering (SSE). The program is designed to prepare future scientists and industrial leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science and engineering. The program is intended to enable qualified Egyptian science and engineering graduates to attend AUC’s reputable Biotechnology program on a full tuition-free scholarship basis. This term of the program will admit up to five (5) candidates.
The long term objective of the program is to develop the man power for research and development in the region by providing the skill sets for future scientists who are easily recruited to Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industrial positions in Egypt and the region.
- Egyptian Citizens
- Bachelor Degree from Engineering or Science from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 out of a 4.0 scale or Very Good (Gayed Gidan)
- Relevant scientific research background
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, needed documents, and any needed additional test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for Economics, Economics in International Development, and Journalism and Mass Communication applicants) as per AUC's graduate admissions requirements.
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- Priority will be given to students that have spent at least one semester in the program.
Fellowships are awarded for two years.
The fellowship covers:
• A waiver of tuition fees
• Student services and activities fees
• Book allowance
In support of their training
fellows must participate on a full-time basis in a research project at AUC for the duration of their study.
Fellows must participate in a number of extra-curricular activities designed to enrich their experience and nurture their potential for leadership in the industry.
To Apply (Currently ON HOLD)
Stept 1: Download and submit the graduate application form.
Step 2: Complete the online fellowship application.
Fellowship is currently ON HOLD. Please check our homepage for its upcoming intake and deadline.