There is a $50 application fee, or its equivalent in Egyptian pounds (non-refundable and subject to the exchange rate)
- If you are applying from outside Egypt through the Cairo office, you can send an international money order or a certified check in U.S. dollars. Applicants utilizing the New York Office may use checks drawn on a U.S. bank.
- If you are applying in person at the Cairo office, you can pay the application fee in cash at the cashier located at the Student Service Center - Gate 1- AUC New Cairo) or attach a certified check to your application.
To be able to process your application, the following documents are needed:
- Complete the graduate application. You can also apply online.
- Official transcripts from all higher-education institutions that you have attended
- Statement of purpose (form 2); one for each major that you are applying for
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV)
- A minimum of two letters of evaluation are required for all applicants. PhD applicants are required to submit three letters of evaluation.
- Required Test Results and Documentation
- TOEFL iBTor IELTS: Non-native speakers of English are required to present valid TOEFL iBT or IELTS test results. Validity for both tests is for two years.
- Graduate applicants who hold degrees from an accredited English-medium university are exempted from presenting evidence of academic English proficiency. Applicants to the African Graduate Fellowship must submit valid English tests results. AUC score recipient code is 0903.
- GMAT: Applicants for the MBA program must submit at least an unofficial test report to start processing their application.
- GRE: Applicants for the PhD program or master's degree in economics, economics in international development, finance and journalism and mass communication must submit an official GRE score report.
- Original military status or a true copy (for male Egyptians only)
- International students: A completed International Student Data Form (graduate application form # 5) for non-Egyptians only
- Two passport pictures and a photocopy of the information page of a valid passport showing photo, passport number and personal information
- Egyptian Students: copy of national ID card and official birth certificate
The following documents are needed when an admission decision is reached and prior to final acceptance:
The original undergraduate transcript with proof of graduation
The original score report for valid GRE, GMAT, TOEFL/iBT or IELTS exam, where required
- The original military status certificate or a true copy (for Egyptian males only)
The following documents are needed when an admission decision is reached and prior to registration:
Record of a full physical examination. Valid tests are those taken within one month prior to registration
Proof of financial resources to meet educational costs at AU
Timely payment of all tuition and fees
For International Students Only
- Proof of health and accident insurance for the duration of your stay in Egypt
HIV test scores for student visa purposes