Course Transfer and Evaluation
Graduate students should meet with their graduate faculty advisers, and conduct an audit for their degrees prior to applying to the exchange program in order to determine the best courses to take abroad. It is recommended that graduate students complete their graduate prerequisite courses prior to their semester abroad. Before meeting with the adviser, students should prepare a list of courses already taken and a list of courses planned for the host university. Often, advisers will request course descriptions.
After meeting with their advisers, graduate students should prepare a list of courses they wish to take during their time abroad. Graduate students will fill out the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form, which is available at the Office of the Registrar for course equivalency.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
Include the courses you plan on taking while during the exchange program on the Transfer Credit Pre-Approval form.
- It is crucial to meet with the assistant registrar for graduate student records and academic affairs at the Office of the Registrar to ensure course transferability.
- Be sure to make arrangements before leaving the host university to have an official copy of your transcript sent to The International Programs Office at:
International Programs Office
The American University in Cairo
AUC Avenue, P.O. Box 74
New Cairo 11835, Egypt
- Note that the registrar's office does not accept official transcripts that are directly sent from students.
- The Transfer Credit Affairs in the Office of the Registrar will not transfer credits to AUC without receiving an official transcript DIRECTLY from the host institution.
- Students must make sure to fill out the Transfer Credit Pre-Approval form in the Transfer Credit Affairs in the Office of the Registrar, a semester prior to the planned study-abroad/exchange program.