Online Teamwork and Collaboration Courses
Project Management Courses
Statistical Analysis Courses
Computer Literacy Courses
Web Development Courses
Graphics and Animation Courses
Learning Management Systems Courses
Online Teamwork and Collaboration
Google Drive: Collaboration and sharing across the spectrum made easy
Create and share documents and presentation on the web and access them from any computer or smart phone. We show how easy online collaborative editing can be made.
We explore different features provided by Google documents:
- Real-time collaboration provides faster edit of documents with others and better monitor of changes as they occur.
- Easily Import documents or presentations from the desktop.
- Online word processing includes editing: margins, indentations, tables, footnotes, comments and much more.
Google Forms: Free and easy way to create powerful surveys
Collect information by creating a form in Google Docs. All the great features you expect from a form creation tool with none of the upgrade costs. It's free.
We explore different features provided by Google forms:
- Create professional looking forms: choose from over 60 themes and 7 question types.
- See entries in spreadsheet form: automatically add responses to a spreadsheet that are connected to your survey.
- Easily view the collected information: automatically generate sophisticated charts and graphs.
Be an Avatar, and navigate through Second Life World (For Students)
Second life is a 3-D world open to public since 2003. It is not a 3-D game, it is an actual world where you can visit (teleport) lots of places around the world, attend seminars, and lectures, visit museums, shopping malls, and also learn from other people from different nationalities, their languages, cultures, and habits. Come and learn how to create your own avatar to navigate around the world. Also, you will visit our AUC virtual campus on Second life where lots of activities will be awaiting for you there.
Microsoft Project: Create a Project Plan in 5 easy Steps
Create a simple project plan and start tracking its progress. After applying the appropriate base-calendar, use the five-step process:
- Create a task list.
- Identify summary tasks.
- Enter task durations or work estimates.
- Create dependencies between tasks.
- Assign resources
Statistical Analysis Courses
Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS)
This "Introduction to SPSS" training course targets those with little or no SPSS experience, who wish to become efficient and productive SPSS users. The course logically guides you through the fundamentals of using SPSS. The course is divided into 2 workshops:
- Defining variable attributes and labels
- Create a new data set and enter data into SPSS
- Entering data directly into the Data Editor Window
- Variable properties including value labels and missing value codes
- Open and save SPSS files; import data from sources such as MS Excel
- Manipulate SPSS Output files (including exporting these to other software)
- Creating and editing charts
- Introducing IBM SPSS Statistics Syntax
- Perform complex statistical analysis reports
- Carry out basic data modifications, data transformations, eg compute and recode variables
- Sorting Data
- Data Ranking
- Data Correction
- Selecting subsets of cases
- Filtering Data
- Splitting Cases
STATA is a powerful quantitative software package that provides everything you need for data management and manipulation as well as descriptive, statistical, graphical and survey analysis. The workshop will cover the following features
- Data entry and manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Graphs and tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
- Basic statistical analysis
AUCmail and Calendar
Attend this session to know how to use your AUC email and calendar. You will know how to:
Microsoft Access (Introduction)
- Compose an email
- Use Labels and Starring in your mail
- Save email drafts
- Find your sent mail
- Find your deleted emails
- Save and organize contacts
- Create, Edit and Delete events in your calendar
- Switch between calendar modes
- Create multiple calendars
- Use Labs in your mail and calendar
- Use advanced options in your mail and calendar
Microsoft Access (Working with Forms)
- Discovering the Interface
- Overview of Database Concepts
- The Fundamentals of Database Design
- Creating Tables
Microsoft Access (Implementing queries)
- Introduction to Forms
- Creating Data-entry Forms
- Using the Form Wizard
- Modifying a Form in Layout View
- Using Design View
Microsoft Access (Designing Reports)
- Introduction to Queries
- Using the Query Wizard
- Creating a Query in Design View with Criteria
- Creating yes/no Queries & 'and' and 'or' Queries
- Building Calculation Queries
- Using Update & Delete Queries
Microsoft Access (Designing a Database Application)
- Introduction to Reports
- Using the Report Wizard
- Formatting Reports in Layout View
- Identifying Report Structure in Design View
Microsoft Excel (Introduction)
- Creating Macros
- Using Data Macros
- Coding Using VBA
Microsoft Excel (Advanced)
- Touring the Interface
- Worksheet Basics
- Essential Formatting
- Creating and Using Charts
- Excel Formula Basics
- Analyzing Data
Many of us carry a notebook or notepad around to take notes for business, school, or personal projects. But can you easily find the info you need? Is it convenient to share your notes with others? Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 is an easy-to-use note-taking and information-management program, where you can capture ideas and information in electronic form. Insert files or Web content in full-color, searchable format or as icons that you can click to access.
Microsoft PowerPoint (Introduction)
This course will cover the essential features of PowerPoint 2010. It will cover the following:
- Using Presentation Views and Adjusting Magnification
- Creating and Saving Presentations
- Adding, Reusing, Rearranging and Deleting Slides
- Formatting Slides, Text and Paragraphs
- Adding and Modifying Shapes
- Adding Text to Shapes
- Working with Word Art, Pictures and Clip Art
- Working with Templates and Themes
- Working with Slide Masters
- Adding Transitions and Timings
- Adding Speaker Notes
- Adding Headers and Footers
- Running Presentations
- Printing Presentations
Microsoft PowerPoint (Advanced)
This course will cover the advanced features of PowerPoint 2010. It will cover the following:
- Adding Tables
- Modifying and Formatting Tables
- Adding and Modifying Diagrams
- Inserting Video and Audio Clips
- Using Video and Audio Tools
- Compressing Media
- Working with Animations
- Animating Text and Objects
- Customizing Animation Effects
- Working with the Timing Group
- Using the Animation Painter
- Creating Photo Album Presentations
- Converting Text and Objects to SmartArt
- Converting SmartArt to Text or Shapes
- Resizing and Formatting Associate Shapes
- Adding and Modifying Action Buttons
- Creating Custom Slide Shows
- Adding Password Protection to Presentations
- Saving Slides as Images
This course teaches the user the some advanced features in Word . The course is given upon request.
This course teaches basic web development skills using Adobe Dreamweaver. It includes creation of a web site, and the addition of various features such as hypertext links, images, tables, forms and behaviors. The course is a one-hour session.
This course teaches basic advanced features of Adobe Dreamweaver. It includes creating templates and formatting them. It also explores using Dreamweaver readymade styled pages. The course is a one-hour session.
Graphics and Animation
This Flash training course is for people new to Flash. After getting to know the interface and the basic drawing tools, users will be introduced to an understanding of the Timeline and layers. They will learn to create symbols and cool animations.
Adobe Illustrator helps you create distinctive vector artwork for any print project, with built-in creative tools and precise control over drawings. It contains sophisticated drawing tools, expressive natural brushes and readymade symbols which helps creating more advanced vector items. Adobe Illustrator helps creating print production that require very high resolution, without the precise pixel-level control, such as posters, banners and roll ups. The course is given in two one-hour sessions.
Adobe InDesign lets you design and engage page layouts for print or digital distribution with built-in creative tools and precise control over typography. It helps creating a complete multiple pages print production including magazines, newspaper and brochures. The course is given in two one-hour sessions.
This course covers the basic tools and techniques in Adobe Photoshop. Users will explore the concept of layers and will learn how to edit images and resize them. They will learn how to apply effects and filters to their images and how to add text. File formats and saving tips are also to be introduced.
Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Movie Maker, and Camtasia
Adobe Premiere is a video editing program, with high performance editing tools. Final Cut Pro is a sophisticated video editing program made by Apple, only for Mac. It has the most advanced video editing tools. Movie Maker is a basic free video editing program, with the easiest editing tools, available for Mac only. Camtasia Application can record PowerPoint presentations and screen recordings (both video and audio), edit screenshots and produce your video in many formats, or even share on the web. Courses on these tools are available upon request.
Learning Management Systems
Introduction to Blackboard
Blackboard is the Learning Management System adopted by AUC that supports a full range of teaching and learning styles for building content, assessing students' performance and for encouraging collaborative work and assignments. This training session will mainly help faculty to get started with using Blackboard. Faculty will be introduced to the Blackboard interface and its various tools.
Building Courses with Blackboard
This course will guide you through creating a course menu by adding tools, blank pages, and content areas. It includes using course files to organize course content, building effective course materials using folders, learning modules, mashups, and tool links. You will also learn how to backup, restore and copy you course. It is a one-hour session course.
Grade Center for Blackboard
In this course, you learn an overview about the Grade Center, how to set up the Grade Center to meet your assessment and evaluation goals. You will also learn to enter, override, clear, and exempt grades as needed, and to create calculated column and your own schemas. It is a one-hour session course.
Questions and Answers in Blackboard
We dedicated this one-hour session to answer all your Blackboard questions and issues.
Introduction to Moodle
Moodle is AUC's second open source Learning Management system. It supports a full range of teaching and learning styles for building content, assessing students' performance and for encouraging collaborative work and assignments. This training session will mainly help faculty to get started with using Moodle. Faculty will be introduced to the Moodle interface and its various tools.
Blackboard Collaborate (previously known as Wimba Classroom)
This training course will guide faculty on how to conduct a course virtually without being present in Class. Blackboard Collaborate (previously known as Wimba Classroom) is a tool supported in both Blackboard and Moodle containing all learning tools that help faculty conduct a virtual online class, varying from Audio and video facilities, text chat messaging, e-Board, PowerPoint upload, desktop sharing,...etc. Faculty can also archive their online class on Blackboard Collaborate, which can be viewed later by students.
Getting Started with Respondus (creating test banks, exams, and Surveys)
Respondus is a powerful tool that helps faculty create exams, upload question banks, and manage surveys. You can use its printing options to print your exam or survey on paper, or directly publish it to your Moodle or Blackboard courses. Not only that, but you can also import your question banks directly into Respondus, and share your exam questions with other faculty.