Professional Educator Diploma Programs
The Professional Educator Diploma (PED) program is for educators, school owners, government supervisors and NGO educators who wish to improve themselves and their schools through studies focused on teaching the early learner and/or the adolescent, teaching with technology, STEAM Education (science, technology, engineering, art and math), inclusive education for diverse learners and educational leadership.
Participants also include those who wish to change careers and teach using their professional degree. The program is for those educators who want to make a difference in the educational system in Egypt.
The diversity of students in class allows for rich discussion and discoveries. Many educational reform concerns and initiatives are similar in private and public schools. The sharing of information and collaboration among participants is a big step to future sustained school improvement. Diversity is a strength in this program.
- Each professional diploma requires six courses that cover both theoretical and practical experiences.
- The courses may be completed as a fast-track option over three semesters and one summer session. Four semesters are the regular option.
- Diplomas are awarded upon successful completion of all courses. A formal completion ceremony is held each December to recognize all diploma recipients for that calendar year.
- Courses are offered during the academic year in the fall and spring semesters, as well as the summer term.
- Classes are held after 5 pm to accommodate students who work during the day.
- Each course meets once a week, for 12 weeks, with each session lasting three hours.
- Students are assessed, and grades are assigned for each course.
- Performance is measured by grade point average, which is a numeric value ranging from zero to four. Students must maintain a 3.0 (B) average to graduate from the program.
| Schedule of Classes and Offerings