Professional Educator Diploma Programs
The Graduate School of Education, AUC offers Professional Educator Diploma programs in Teaching Early Learners, Teaching Adolescent Learners, Integrated Technology for Classroom Teachers and Educational Leadership.
- Each professional diploma for teachers includes six courses covering both theoretical and applied topics. The professional diploma for educational leaders includes five courses.
- The five/six courses may be completed in two or three semesters (fast-track option); in three semesters and a summer; or four semesters (regular options).
- Diplomas are awarded upon successful completion of all courses. A formal completion ceremony is held each December, to recognize all diploma recipients for that calendar year.
- Programs are offered during the academic year in fall, spring and summer terms.
- Classes are held after 5 pm to accommodate students who work during the day.
- Each course meets once a week, for 12 weeks, with each session lasting three hours.
- Students are assessed and grades are assigned for each course. Supervised fieldwork courses for teachers are graded: Exceeds Expectations, Meets Expectations, Doesn't Meet Expectations.
- The performance is measured by grade point average, which is a numeric value ranging from zero to four. Students must maintain a 3.0 (B) average to graduate from the program.
Diploma programs are available in the following areas:
Teaching Early Years Learners
Teaching Adolescent Learners
Integrated Technology for Classroom Teachers
To download an application for admission, click here.
To view the 2013 - 2014 schedule of classes, click here.