Vision and Mission
The Graduate School of Education (GSE) is a primary vehicle through which AUC manifests its commitment to the innovation and improvement of education in Egypt and the Arab world. In particular, the GSE aims to promote equity and excellence in education in Egypt and the region.
The Graduate School of Education (GSE) serves as a catalyst for educational reform in Egypt and the Arab world. Through its focus on educational equity and excellence, the GSE fosters communities of educational reformers, promotes educational research and prepares educational professionals for all levels. It supports and enhances the practices of reflective professionals, informed policymakers, effective educational leaders and empowered teachers. GSE programs model diverse pedagogies and develop new partnerships.
1. Develop ongoing quality programs that are based on educational standards, sound theoretical frameworks, reflective learning, contextualized pedagogy and the specific content knowledge necessary for the topics being pursued
2. Support best practices in educational research in multiple modes, ranging from classroom-based research to national and regional policy research
3. Integrate a range of relevant technologies into the delivery of various learning opportunities
4. Provide support for professional educators that would enhance the implementation of lifelong professional development
5. Provide multiple opportunities that would assist in narrowing the gap between public and private education
6. Develop partnerships with various learning and business communities, both national and international
7. Provide an educational forum that would act as a catalyst for ongoing deliberations on essential educational issues
8. Enhance program offerings through exploring potential linkages with a wide range of academic disciplines
9. Work toward ensuring sustainability of program offerings