The Master of Science in Finance at AUC helps fast track your career in finance to keep up with the growth in the banking and financial services sector in Egypt. It provides you with the deep financial knowledge needed to be a well-rounded finance professional who can understand the industry’s best practices and apply them to the local market demands.
The program is designed to attract sophisticated and collegial participants seeking a professional or academic career in finance. Graduates of the program who are interested in pursuing a professional career are prepared to work in a vast array of institutions including: investment banking, portfolio management, corporate finance departments of national and multinational companies, private equity firms, venture capital firms, financial analysis and research departments, institutions involved in trading of financial instruments as well as regulatory bodies.
For participants who will continue a career in academia, the program prepares them for applying to top tier PhD programs in finance.
Our MSc degree directly targets the expertise required in today’s global financial environment by offering:
- Solid grounding in the analytical foundations and professional practice of modern finance, including techniques for valuing investments, capital budgeting and managing risk;
- A strong emphasis on international applications and on current financial practice as well as theory.
- Training in quantitative techniques in financial decision-making, including financial modeling, forecasting and computer and internet applications;
- Real life application of financial concepts, through the use of case studies from the Egyptian and regional financial markets, and knowledge of important financial regulatory legislation such as Capital Market Law 95, Corporate Law 159, and settlement and clearing law 93;
- Advanced learning techniques that maximize learning outcomes;
- Flexible evening curriculum with a range of elective courses and low student-faculty ratios, allowing students to pursue specialized professional objectives;
- Top finance faculty, who will leverage their strong academic background.
For more information, please check back soon.
The program will consist of 11 for-credit courses plus a thesis designed to be completed in two full years:
- The finance portion of the program will consist of an introductory quantitative techniques course, 5 core curriculum courses and 4 electives. Students must complete all core courses before attempting to take any of the elective courses.
- A research methodology course will be mandatory.
- Each course of the core and elective will count for 3 credit hours. Students must complete 37 credit hours (31 credit hours of course work plus 6 credit hours of thesis) to obtain the Master of Science in Finance degree.
- Students with relevant background can waive some of the core courses (a maximum of two) but must complete a minimum of 31 credit hours (courses and thesis) to be awarded the degree.
To view the brochure, click here.
To check program details on AUC Catalog, please click here.